1. PEACE- Pray against spirits of division, suspicion, anxiety, panic, and fear that grip our communities.
2. LEADERSHIP- Pray for wisdom, truth, direction, compassion, and strength for all leaders (political, medical, economic, ecclesial, etc) in authority.
3. PROTECTION- Claim the blood of Jesus as a shield and healing over people groups, institutions, systems, policies, processes, and over all areas of life and society against COVID-19 and its effects.
4. IMMUNITY- Daily speak strength and health to immune systems (personal, family, friends, etc.)
5. RESOURCES- Pray for sufficient human and medical resources for our healthcare systems and sufficient and necessary resources for all other sectors (i.e. financial) and institutions (i.e. schools).
6. TESTING- Pray for a prompt, expedient, efficient, and sufficient, production, distribution, administration, and interpretation of tests locally so that leaders may realistically ascertain the scope of the problem and be equipped with strategies and resources to address the problem thoroughly and speedily.
7. STRATEGIES- Pray for the deployment of effective strategies for identifying epicenters and centers of the disease’s proliferation, for social distancing, for judicious and humane regional, local, and home-based quarantining that would level off the rate and intensity of occurrences, for home-based and institutional treatment of the sick, for accurate contact tracing, and for all other epidemiological issues and solutions.
8. RESEARCH- Pray for all types of researchers to develop an expeditious, effective, sufficient, affordable, well-tested, and safe production of a CV-19 vaccine and treatments.
9. INSTITUTIONS RESTORED- Pray for all of the institutions and systems impacted by this crisis (the church, gov’t, healthcare, schools, the economy, businesses, law enforcement and other first responders, and all other workplaces) that they would be protected and restored to normal healthy functioning.
10. SALVATION- Pray that we all come to a place of true repentance and total dependence on God for all things and that God would release to this world. protection, provision, healing, restoration, strength, salvation and all things that pertain to life and godliness. Time for the church to be the church and embody and minister wisdom and love in all we do. Be a Kingdom witness.
– Rev. Dr. P. Bellini
Dear Logan First Family and Friends,
I don’t know about you but I feel a bit overwhelmed at times by the COVID-19 Pandemic and the rapidly changing response to it in our culture. There is no playbook; we are all making it up as we go along. We are listening to the best advice of health officials and government authorities. We are committed to not panicking but being prudent.
Pretty much all of our Logansport First UMC activities, events, and worship services have been postponed or moved to the virtual realm right now. Learn more on our church FaceBook page at LoganFirstUMC.
We also have formed teams to care and pray for those in need—including delivering medication or groceries to medically fragile persons unable to go out in public.
This crisis is an amazing opportunity to be the church. You cannot “close the church” because we are the church. The church is not the building. We are the church and we will love God and our neighbors in the midst of this crisis and long beyond it.
Blessings and peace,
Wednesday Dial-up Devotion & Prayer with Pastor Beth Ann
In lieu of the Wednesday Night Bible Study, at 6 PM, each Wednesday, Pastor Beth Ann will give a devotion and an update on COVID-19.
It’s easy to participate!
On Wednesday, at 6 PM, dial (605) 313-5919
Next enter the access code: 635572
That will connect you to Pastor Beth Ann and others calling in.
KIDS Club is an outreach to children ages 4-12. KIDS Club meets at First UMC on the 2nd & 4th Sunday of the month at 10:30 AM. Children participate in games, hear bible stories and develop new friendships. If you would like more information on KIDS Club contact the church office at
574-753-3491. Transportation is available on a limited basis.
JOY Circle will meet on February 12, at 9 AM for the regular business meeting. Friends and guests are welcome to attend. At 9:30 AM women will make blankets for the Cancer Center. Please bring sharp scissors, a pencil, and a ruler. Contact the church office at
574-753-3491 for additional information.
We recognize that the holidays
can be hard for those struggling with grief, loneliness or illness.
Jesus came to bring hope to
those in the midst of darkness. In fact, he called himself the "Light
of the World."
Please join us for this uplifting
time of worship and prayer.
Refreshments will follow in our
On your way to the Light Up Logansport Parade, be sure to stop by First United Methodist Church @ 800 E Broadway, Logansport, for free hot chocolate, popcorn and cookies!
On Sunday, October 27, KIDS Club kids and their families are invited to attend a free luncheon after church in Fellowship Hall. Following lunch, everyone will Paint a Pumpkin with a Halloween or Thanksgiving theme. Hope you can join us for this fun event!
Join us for a special
Homecoming Celebration Service
on Sunday, September, 15, 2019, as we celebrate God's faithfulness to First UMC and recognize our 50-year members. A potluck will follow in the Fellowship Hall.
Everyone is welcome!